UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida – Saturday, May 23, live on Pay-Per-View from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.. It’s a fight between the two undefeated champion Rashad “Sugar” Evans and Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida. With a combined record of 32-0-1, light heavyweight stars Evans and Machida have left a trail of destruction behind them that includes some of the greatest fighters in UFC history. Now in the main event of UFC 98, the two will meet in an epic showdown pitting champion Evans against challenger Machida to not only determine the best 205-pound fighter on the planet, but to see who leaves with a loss on their record for the first time.
UFC 98 was supposed to be a match between Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar, due to a knee injury, their fight was postponed and they were replaced with a fight between Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans. Again, this fight wouldn’t be possible yet because Quinton Jackson too had to have some surgery on his damaged jaw.
The winner between Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida would then be facing the former champion of the light Heavyweight division Quinton Jackson but the date for their battle is still undetermined as of this time.
On this event, the main cards for welterweight is between Matt Hughes and Matt Serra, the Middleweight bought is between Xavier Foupa-Pokam against Drew McFedries, Middleweight between Dan Miller and Chael Sonnen while the Lightweight division is a bought between Sean Sherk and Frank Edgar.
- Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
Machida defeated Evans by KO (punch) at 3:57 of round 2 to win the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
- Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Hughes defeated Serra via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Middleweight bout: Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam
McFedries defeated Foupa-Pokam via TKO (strikes) at 0:37 of round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
Sonnen defeated Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar
Edgar defeated Sherk via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Other fights for preliminary cards are:
- Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson –Welterweight
- Tim Hague vs. Patrick Barry – Heavyweight
- Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley – Lightweight
- Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Andre Gusmao – Light Heavyweight
- Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida – Welterweight
- George Roop vs. Dave Kaplan – Lightweight
This UFC event can be watch free online but the quality is not good as watch on PPV, here are the possible streaming channel were you can watch UFC 98 free.
Watch UFC 98 Free Live Streaming Video
if you don’t have a sopcast or tvu software, please visit the official site.
UFC 98 Sopcast Channel: MMA-TV