Cooking games are popular to children for a variety of reasons. They are easy to play, easy to master and they can very well be a good way to kill time. But like anything else, there are pros and cons to this thing. And that’s what we will be highlighting with this article.
Cons of Cooking Games
1. It can be very addictive – some games are really challenging and your kid won’t stop playing them until they reach a certain level, complete a stage or be the highest score
2. It can be used by hackers to transmit malicious files when your computer is unprotected – this is why your computer needs to be protected. Children aren’t really aware of these potential threats and unfortunately, hackers and bad webmasters can use these games to infiltrate your system. This is the reason why you should only let your children play on safe and trust cooking games website.
3. It can drain up the energy of your children if they play cooking games all day. Because of this they may lose time to do other important things like doing their school homework.
4. It can be tiring for their eyes – long exposure of children’s eyes to monitors can be harmful to their eyes. To counter this, make sure that the monitor is distant to your kid’s eyes. Be sure also that you’re using a state of the art monitor. Low quality monitors often emit higher heat intensity.
Pros of Cooking Games
1. It is very educational – cooking games feature food but the mechanics of the game can pretty well develop your kid’s ability to think creatively and critically. Not many games are both entertaining and educational.
2. It is a good way to kill time – sometimes children get bored, and you can’t always be beside them to entertain them and keep them busy. A good way to keep them occupied is by letting them play cooking games.
3. The games are child friendly – who wants their kid to play a game full of violence? No one. And because it is a fact that violence is now a common theme of many computer games, it doesn’t follow that you should let your kid into this tread. Violence should be a big no especially for young kids.
4. The games are relaxing – unlike other games that literally tire the players, cooking games are pretty easy. They are challenging enough not to bore your kids but they are easy enough not to give them frustrations or even nightmares.
These are just some of the Pros and Cons of cooking games. If you want to know more about it or if you’re not convinced that the advantages outweigh these games’ disadvantages, check our other articles published across the web: